listmonk comes available in multiple languages thanks to language packs contributed by volunteers. A language pack is a JSON file with a map of keys and corresponding translations. The bundled languages can be viewed here.
Additional language packs¶
These additional language packs can be downloaded and passed to listmonk with the
--i18n-dir flag as described in the next section.
|Deutsch (formal)||German language with formal pronouns|
To customize an existing language or to load a new language, put one or more
.json language files in a directory, and pass the directory path to listmonk with the
Contributing a new language¶
Using the basic editor¶
- Visit https://listmonk.app/i18n
- Click on
Createa new language, or to make changes to an existing language, use
- Translate the text in the text fields on the UI.
- Once done, use the
Download raw JSONto download the language file.
- Send a pull request to add the file to the i18n directory on the GitHub repo.
Using InLang (external service)¶
- Visit https://inlang.com/editor/github.com/knadh/listmonk
- To make changes and push them, you need to log in to GitHub using OAuth and fork the project from the UI.
- Translate the text in the input fields on the UI. You can use the filters to see only the necessary translations.
- Once you're done, push the changes from the UI and click on "Open a pull request." This will take you to GitHub, where you can write a PR message.