listmonk comes available in multiple languages thanks to language packs contributed by volunteers. A language pack is a JSON file with a map of keys and corresponding translations. The bundled languages can be viewed here.
Additional language packs¶
These additional language packs can be downloaded and passed to listmonk with the
--i18n-dir flag as described in the next section.
|Deutsch (formal)||German language with formal pronouns|
To customize an existing language or to load a new language, put one or more
.json language files in a directory, and pass the directory path to listmonk with the
Contributing a new language¶
- Visit https://listmonk.app/i18n
- To make changes to an existing language, use the "Load language" option on the top right.
- To create a new language, use the "Load language" option on the top right and select "Default".
- Translate the text in the input fields on the UI.
- Once done, use the
Switch to raw JSONand copy the JSON data and save it to a file named
xxis the two letter code of the language.
- Send a pull request to add the file to the i18n directory on the GitHub repo. If you are not familiar with pull requests, share the file by creating a new "issue" (comment) on the GitHub issues page